Who We Are
Boughton Law is a Vancouver-based law firm. We do things differently. We are committed to excellence, integrity, professionalism, community and development. Our values foster a collaborative and stimulating work environment. If you crave meaningful work and embrace innovation like we do, we want to hear from you. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages (e.g. flex leave time, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more) to ensure we attract and retain high-quality professionals. We are an innovative law firm continuing to redefine the way we practice law.
Boughton Law is currently recruiting for an intermediate or senior Corporate Paralegal to join our corporate services team. The Corporate Services Department services approximately 50 lawyers. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties listed below.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Prepare correspondence and documents using application software (Word, ALF & Outlook)
· Draft standard letters and documents independently with little supervision
· Prepare corporate documents for BC and Federal corporations and societies, including incorporations/organizations, name changes, alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions and other related documents
· Prepare and file documents for partnership, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
· Prepare documents such as share transactions, issuance, transfer, redemption and repurchase, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic resolutions
· Draft resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions
· Conduct corporate and other due diligence searches
· Update and maintain corporate records and minute books and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into database. Conduct minute book reviews and prepare documents to correct any minute book deficiencies.
· Prepare invoices to clients and post time sheets (using Acumin accounting software)
· Perform other related duties as required
· Graduate of Paralegal Program
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Paralegal with a working knowledge of corporate department procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
· Excellent English oral and written skills.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Able to draft standard correspondence with minimal supervision
· Able to communicate with clients, lawyers and staff
· Familiar with billing/invoicing processes in a legal environment
· Proficient using BC Online and ALF
Aleksandra Samek HR Generalist
Application Deadline July 5, 2019